One of the leaders in precision measurement and quality control in the construction sector. For over half a century, they have been developing state-of-the-art devices for assessing the quality of concrete and asphalt used in the construction of highways.
Our client manufactures precision equipment to conduct quality control tests and their goal is to improve efficiency and effectiveness of testing using IoT remote monitoring technology. These devices are used at their project sites, plants and quality certification labs.
The testing cycles using these devices are complex and time consuming, and at any point during these cycles the devices may throw errors. Skilled technicians are required to be physically present in order to conduct the tests and take necessary action to resolve any errors that may arise. These actions may include restarting or even repeating the entire test.
Once the tests are complete, the results have to be collected and stored manually for reporting purposes.
Our client wanted an IoT solution that helped them realize the following benefits:
- Provide real-time test results instead of batched reports being submitted end of day
- Avoid the need for skilled technicians to be physically present at the test location
- Automate compliance reporting
Bridgera’s solution involved leveraging our IoT remote monitoring solution framework to connect to these devices remotely and monitor/control the test cycles. Test results and error notifications would be made available to management and technicians real-time and the system would automatically store the test results in a database for future reference. Additionally, we automated the generation of reports to be submitted to a compliance authority.
Our client wanted a team that took the time to understand their unique requirements and develop a bespoke solution that perfectly fit their needs. Their goal was to provide more value for their customers and end-users and set them apart from their competitors. Instead of investing in an in-house team and building a remote monitoring solution from scratch, they hired Bridgera to develop the solution rapidly and cost effectively.
Bridgera’s proprietary IoT remote monitoring platform is highly customizable. This platform has been used in a variety of applications, from industrial equipment monitoring to complete remote patient monitoring for telehealth and senior care solutions. Our IoT remote monitoring platform can be easily connected to any machine or equipment and customized to meet unique business needs. This results in a shorter time to market and low-cost development.
Further, Bridgera’s advanced analytics solution (Bridgera Intelligence) could be leveraged to gain insights from the test results. Bridgera Intelligence brings ready-to-deploy machine learning analytics capabilities that can deliver predictive insights, and supports a wide range of custom dashboarding and data visualization capabilities.
Bridgera’s experience in building in custom IoT remote monitoring solutions makes us appealing to our clients. We have the technology and a team of experts that can deliver projects of this magnitude successfully.
Bridgera’s team studied the client’s devices, how they worked, and their usage in-depth and got a clear picture of how they were deployed and the difficulties the operators and stakeholders faced.
- Performed a gap analysis between our IoT remote monitoring platform and the solution the client needed: to define what had to be custom-built.
- Designed and built a custom user interface (UI) that was aligned to the quality testing workflow and supported the technician activities while providing value for other stakeholders in the process.
- Developed custom reporting templates compliant with industry regulations.
- Developed and deployed the custom IoT remote monitoring solution that connected the clients’ devices to the cloud. Our team provided the device engineering services to add the connectivity to Bridgera cloud using wi-fi modules and MQTT protocol. The devices could now send the test results directly to the cloud where technicians could further analyze them.
- Developed a custom mobile app that allowed technicians to remotely access the devices and obtain real time test data. The technicians could also get alerts in case there were any errors during the test cycle.
Remote Equipment Monitoring
Monitor equipment status automatically without employee being physically present
Analyze test data using ML models to detect patterns or trends
Operators get the results directly in their dashboards, no need for manual data capture and entry in the system
Automation reduced operator errors
No need for continuous manual monitoring
Custom UI for streamlining the testing process and getting the results